Thursday 26 February 2009

The clash of the new and the old

“There are times to cultivate and create, when you nurture your world and give birth to new ideas and ventures. There are times of flourishing and abundance, when life feels in full bloom, energized and expanding. And there are times of fruition, when things come to an end. They have reached their climax and must be harvested before they begin to fade. And finally of course, there are times that are cold, and cutting and empty, times when the spring of new beginnings seems like a distant dream. Those rhythms in life are natural events. They weave into one another as day follows night, bringing, not messages of hope and fear, but messages of how things are.” Chogyam Trungpa

How very true.

That's exactly how I feel at the moment.

As one stale, old and tired piece of my life draws to a close I can't wait for the new flourish of the next phase. At the moment they seem to overlap somewhat, making my emotions roller-coaster around between dramatic highs and lows.

2 comments:

  1. Great start! Good luck! I love Chogyam Trungpa. He has so much to say and says it so beautifully. Drop a following widget into your sidebar and I'll endeavour to beyour first - your journey looks exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm not sure I really expected people to actually comment! So it's a lovely surprise to find comments from you and Jules.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know any comments you might have.